Login Today's Forex RateForms
Get in Touch
Safe Banking ›ATM / Debit Card
ATM/Debit Card Safety Measures:
Tips To Remember When You Receive The Card
- Always keep your card in a safe place, just as you would take care of cash and check books.
- Sign in the signature panel on your ATM/debit card as soon as you receive it.
- Never write down your Personal Identification Number (PIN) anywhere. Memorize it.
- If you receive a replacement card, be sure to destroy your old card by cutting it into four and discard the pieces.
Tips To Remember When Transacting At The ATM
- Ensure that no one sees you enter your PIN.
- Never allow a stranger to assist you while using an ATM.
- After completing your transaction, secure your card and cash immediately. Always count your cash before leaving the ATM area and not outside it.
- Do not leave your transaction record at the ATM. Shred it before discarding it.
- Change your ATM PIN frequently, at least once a month.
Tips To Remember When Using Your Debit Card For Shopping
- Use your card with merchants that you know and can trust. Never allow the shopkeeper to take your card to a different shop/room for swiping it.
- Make sure that your debit card is returned to you after completing a purchase; and be sure that the card that has been returned is your own.
- After a purchase, always take your charge slip(s) with you and tear up any carbon copies. Check receipts against your monthly billing statements to verify your card transactions. Report any unauthorized transaction(s) immediately.
- Check your charge slips against your monthly account statements to verify your card transactions. Once you have reconciled your account statements, tear up all charge slips and discard them.