Safe Banking ›CheckBook
Check Book Safety Measures:
Tips To Keep Your Check Book Safe
- Record all details of checks issued.
- Do not leave your check book unattended. Always keep it in a safe place, under lock and key.
- Whenever you receive your checkbook, please count the number of check leaves in it. If there is a discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the Bank immediately.
Tips To Fill A Check Leaf Correctly
- Do not sign blank checks. Always fill in the date, the name of the receiver and the amount before signing the check.
- Remember to cross your check whenever applicable and prevent it from being misused.
- Always draw a line through any unused space.
- Never sign in multiple places unless authenticating a change.
- Avoid using checks with changes on them. Issue a new check, if possible.
- When you cancel a check, mutilate the MICR band and write "CANCEL" across the face of the check
- Do not write/sign/mark/pin/staple/paste/fold on the MICR band.