Report a Fraud / Identity Theft
If you're a victim of identity theft or accout fraud
If you're a victim of identity theft or account fraud, you should notify your bank(s) immediately. In addition, please complete the Notification of Suspected Identity Theft form and either bring it to our New York Branch or mail it to us along with the required information (Click here to download the form).
If your account(s) is with ICICI Bank, please call your ICICI customer service representative immediately. ICICI Bank Limited will work with you in an effort to make appropriate corrections of unauthorized transactions in your ICICI accounts and to correct any incorrect reports submitted by ICICI to credit bureaus, and will attempt to help protect you from any future identity theft or account fraud.
We also suggest that you immediately:
- Call the fraud departments of all the three credit bureaus given below. Ask them to put a "fraud alert" on your file. This tells creditors to call you before they open any more accounts in your name.
- Contact your local police and ask to file a report. Even if the police can't catch the identity thief, having a police report can help you in clearing up your credit records later on. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Call the FTC's identity theft hotline toll-free at 1 (877) IDTHEFT (438-4338). The hotline is staffed by counselors trained to help victims and take their complaints.
- Complete the identity theft affidavit, which will assist you in reporting to many companies that a new account has been open in your name. Obtain a copy of the identity theft affidavit by clicking the following link: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/resources/forms/affidavit.pdf.*
How to report a fraud:
- If you receive an e-mail claiming to be from ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch regarding updating sensitive account information like PIN, password or account number, let us know by forwarding the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Never provide sensitive account information like PIN, password, account number or personal details in response to an e-mail. If you have entered such information, report it to us immediately.
- If you notice any spoofed (counterfeit/unofficial) ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch website, let us know by writing to email@example.com.
- To report unauthorized transactions in your account, please call our 24-hour Customer Care or visit www.icicibankusa.com