Safe Banking ›Internet Banking
Internet Banking Safety:
Use Internet Banking To Minimize The Risk of Fraud
- Utilize paperless options. Restrict receipt of paper statements by subscribing to e-mail bank account statements.
- Monitor your account activity regularly by checking your balances and statements online through www.icicibankusa.com. This helps you to detect fraudulent transactions, if any, quickly.
- The earlier a fraud is detected, the lesser will be its financial impact. Restrict the use of checks. Transfer funds online between your ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch accounts or send money to other ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch and non-ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch customers through www.icicibankusa.com.
- Link and manage all your ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch relationships online at www.icicibankusa.com.
Tips For Use When Banking Through The Internet
- Avoid accessing your Internet Banking account from a cybercafe or a shared computer. However, if you happen to do so change your passwords from your own computer.
- Every time you complete your online banking session, log off from www.icicibankusa.com. Do not just close your browser.
- o access ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch's Internet Banking, always type in the correct URL(http://www.icicibankusa.com) into your browser window. Never click a link that offers to take you to our website.
- If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure website, you should disable the "Auto Complete" function
- To disable the "Auto Complete" function:
- Open Internet Explorer and click "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Content".
- Under "Personal Information", click "Auto Complete".
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click "Clear Passwords".
- Click "OK".
- Change your Internet Banking passwords (both log-in password and transaction password) after your first log-in, and thereafter regularly (at least once a month).
- Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !,@, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] in your passwords.
- For additional security to financial transactions through Internet Banking, create and maintain different passwords for log-in and for transactions.
- If you have more than one Internet Banking user ID, use a different password for each of the user IDs. You may also view all your accounts with ICICI Bank Limited New York Branch under a single user ID by linking your various accounts to your preferred Internet Banking user ID. Click here to know more about linking your accounts.
- Never share your Internet Banking passwords with others, even family members. Do not reveal them to anybody, not even to an ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch employee.
- Always check the last log-in to your Internet Banking account. Log in to www.icicibankusa.com and see the left hand side of the "My Accounts" page to view the date and time of your last log-in.