Login Today's Forex RateForms
Get in Touch
Safe Banking ›Pin and Password
PIN And Password Safety Measures:
- Destroy the PIN mailer after memorizing the PIN and/or change the PIN after the first usage.
- Never keep your PIN and ATM/debit/credit card together.
- Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !,@, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] in your passwords.
- Don't use passwords that are obvious, like your name/nickname, names of your family members, your address, phone number, or any other information that a thief might find in your purse or wallet.
- Do not use the same password as the one which you use to log in to your computer or access your e-mail.
- If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure web site, you should disable the "Auto-Complete" function.
- To disable the "Auto Complete" function:
- Open Internet Explorer and click "Tools">>"Internet Options">>"Content"
- Under "Personal Information", click "Auto Complete
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click "Clear Passwords"
- Click "OK".
- Change your Internet Banking password (both, log-in password and transaction password) after your first log-in, and thereafter regularly (at least once a month).
- Create and maintain different passwords for log-ins and transactions. This provides additional security for financial transactions through Internet Banking.
- If you have more than one Internet Banking user ID, use a different password for each of them. You may also view all your accounts with ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch under a single user ID by linking your various accounts to your preferred Internet Banking user ID. Click here to know more about linking your accounts.
- If you access any website (including www.icicibankusa.com) from a cybercafe, any shared computer or a computer other than your own, change your passwords after such use from your own computer - at your workplace or at home. It is very important to do so specially when you have entered your transaction password in such a cybercafe computer or shared computer.
- Never share your passwords with others, including family members. Do not disclose your Internet Banking password to anybody, not even to an ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch employee.
ICICI Bank Limited, New York Branch is NOT liable for any loss arising from your sharing of your user IDs, passwords, cards, card numbers or PINs with anyone, nor from their consequent unauthorized use.